Thursday 6 November 2014

Beauty Top 10 Under 10! - TheBeautyIdeal Blog ♡

Hey guys!

Hope you're all well, today I'm doing a post on my Beauty Top 10 Under £10. Inbetween drowning in uni work, working my part time job and being left with 0 motivation at all, I've been struggling for post ideas recently (and frankly, the time to post them). I thought I'd have a snoop through my favourite blogs for inspiration when I found my friend Laurens post 'A Blogging Brainstorm - 10 Post Ideas' over at The Beauty Ideal

One of them that she listed was Top 10 under £10, I love this idea because I have quite a range of everyday make up which I change up every now and again, I only really splash out on expensive make up once in a blue moon.. So here is my Beauty top 10 under £10.

1. Rimmel Match Perfection foundation in Porcelain. This is the foundation that I use everyday and it's the best one I've tried. For me, it's hard to find a foundation that I like due to my sensitive skin and finding a shade pale enough for my ghost like skin. This is really good for everyday wear as it's not too heavy, it covers well and you don't need a lot of it to have an effect. It varies in price depending on which shop you go to but it's usually between £5 - £7.

2. Collection 2000 Fast Stroke Liquid Eyeliner. This is the eyeliner that I use everyday, it's rare that i'll go a day without having a winged eye and this is the best I've found. The brush on it makes it easy to get the perfect shape and it's hard to make a mistake with it. I find that one layer is usually enough to make it as black as I want and it's extremely easy to get off. The only downside that it takes a while to dry so I have to pull an unattractive face trying to not open my eyes and get a black line, but that's just because it's a liquid eyeliner. It's a small bottle but it's very decieving as it lasts a long time. I usually buy mine from Superdrug for £2.99.

3. MUA Eyeshadow Palettes. My favourite palettes from MUA that I use everyday are Undress Me and Undress Me Too, which have a lot of reviews for being dupes of the Naked Palettes. I wear these everyday and will usually use the lightest shade in the corner of my eye and then top it off with the silvery/grey colour at the end, which I will then go over with my winged eye. These eyeshadows apply really easily and I find that with the lighter shades you do have to use them more than usual because of the pigmentation, but the darker colours go on really well. These are really well priced at only £4 for 12 different shades, although they may not be as pigmented as the Naked palettes, they do the job for an everyday look.

4. Natural Collection Lash Length Mascara. This is the mascara that I use everyday, I don't want to have over exaggerated eyes when I'm just going to work or uni and this is perfect for giving a subtle look but definitely completing your eye look. The brush is really good on this and I can definitely tell the difference when I'm not wearing it. I usually buy mine from boots and for only £1.99 it's such a good bargain for the job it does. 

5. MUA Brow Kit. I've only started doing my eyebrows recently and to be honest, I've never really cared for them before other than plucking them to an acceptable standard. I've always had trouble with getting them the right shape and it's something I see girls complain about all the time. Honestly, I bought this product on a whim when I was just testing out different ways to do my brows and I haven't needed to use anything else since. I use an angled brush to use the lighter shade on the inside and the darkest to angle the shape and fill in. It has a feature of a wax section too where you can set in the style you have done, at first it felt heavy but that's because I wasn't used to doing it, now I can barely tell. These are only £3.50 from superdrug and because the colours are so pigmented, you only need a bit so it makes the kit last ages!

6. NYX HD Photogenic Concealer Wand. This is the best make up product I've ever had. FOR REAL. Again, I purchased this on a whim to test it out when I first decided to add beauty sections in my blog. I usually have problems sleeping and because I juggle uni/work/self study, I tend to wake up a lot with some unwanted-wish-they-were-designer-bags under my eyes. This is perfect for brightening underneath your eyes and also works really well for covering blemishes, again without being too heavy. I bought my first one from Very.co.uk which also came with the little pot concealer for £6.

7. Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick. This is the lipstick that I tend to use everyday, it's perfect for my because my favourite type of lipstick is matte, I don't really use lipgloss because I don't like the shiny look on myself so this is perfect. I use the colour Soft Pink 101 and it's the best lipstick I've ever bought. It keeps it's colour for a good amount of time and I only usually have to top it up a few times a day after eating/drinking etc. I buy mine from Superdrug and it's currently priced at £5.49 on the website, which is amazing because it's such good quality.

8. Superdrug 5-in-1 BB Eye Cream. I purchased this when I ran out of my NYX Concealer and was waiting for my other one to be delivered. Now that I have it, I tend to use them both depending on what kind of day I'm having. If I need a lot of coverage that day I'll use my NYX Concealer, if I want a lighter coverage I'll use this one. It's really good for application as the brush is built into the tube and is one of those that you squeeze and apply! I've used this a few times when I'm not in the mood to have full foundation and it works really well. It's also really hydrating and tends to leave my eyes feeling fresh. Currently it's on offer on the Superdrug website for £3.48, but is usually only £6.99.

9. Bourjois Little Round Pot Blush. For me, a good rosey pink blusher with pink lips and pale skin is the ultimate everyday make up look. I've repurchased this blusher a few times because it's just that good. It's really good for blending and there's a huge range of colours for every skin tone. It has a bonus little mirror packed into it which is always a good thing incase you're doing make up on the go (I've definitely done this too many times on trains). It's a little bit pricier at £7.99 on the Boots website, however it lasts a long time because of the pigmentation being so good, you only have to use a bit.

10. Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser. With my skin being so sensitive, I'm always looking for new moisturising products to test out which aren't just my normal eczema creams which I'd rather not use everyday due to them being so heavy. This is the best one I've found so far for my skin type and you don't need a lot for it to do it's job. Most of the time when I've bought simple products they're part of an offer, at the moment these are £4.50 in Boots and are on 3 for 2 for simple products.

I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I've liked blogging again!

Have an awesome day,

1 comment: