Friday 7 November 2014

Geisha Wigs Review - Black Velvet ♡

Hey guys! ♡

If you know me well or you've been here a while, you'll probably know that I tend to change my hair a lot. If it's not me dying it every other week, it's being washed out into other colours. I've been trying to grow my hair out recently but as my hair is so short naturally, it's hard to go a day without using heat to style it. Because of this and all the bleaching I've done in the past, it's not really friends with me at the moment and it feels like it's just refusing to grow.

I found Geisha Wigs kept popping up on my instagram feed for a while and then I heard about how good quality they are from a friend. I've had wigs before but only the cheap kind that I've worn to Comic Con and for certain looks such as my recent Cute/Creepy devil tutorial on youtube.

I wanted something that I could wear as an everyday look so I didn't go too crazy for my first wig. I ordered Black Velvet as my first as I've been contemplating dying my hair black for a while, now I can see what it's like and easily put it on without having to buy a whole new extension set when I've just done my purple ones.

The wig was £22 and with shipping it came to around £26, which is pretty good considering the ones I've previously bought from Ebay were around £13 and the difference in quality is crazy, also I spend almost £40 on new extensions so this is a fun, cheap alternative.

The wig took around 2 weeks to be delivered and came really well packaged. It was wrapped in a cute purple parcel bag and was sealed inside it's own zip lock style bag. It came in a net with tissue paper in the head part so that it didn't lose shape, which I thought was really considerate and meant I could put it on straight away!

First of all, here is the stock photo which is on the website; 
I really liked this wig because it looks so natural and was a great length.

When I got the wig, I felt like the side fringe didn't suit me that much so I cut a full fringe into it and straightened most of it. The wig cut and straightened really well as if it was normal hair, since then it's kept how I styled it which again, is good for just putting on quickly if you're having a bad case of bird nest hair in the morning.

Here's what it looked like after I cut and styled it;

The wig looks and feels really natural. I wore it to uni and a few people said that if they didn't know me, they'd think it was real! I've had a lot of compliments on it and to be honest, I really want to wear it everyday!

Here's how I've styled it the past few days;
 All Black
 Flower Crown
 With a beanie
Uni OOTD

From my experience, I'd definitely reccomend ordering from Geisha Wigs and will definitely be ordering from them again!

www.geishawigs.bigcartel.com

Hope you have an amazing day ♡


No comments:

Post a Comment