Friday 26 September 2014

Hotel Chocolat Chocolate Party! ♡

Hey Guys!

This post today is a lifestyle post, I feel like I need a bit more variation in my blog posts and I'd like this to become a blog about my life aswell as fashion. Partly to share experiences with others as I enjoy reading them myself, but also so I can look back in a few years and see what I was doing. 

Last night my flatmate Zara invited myself and our other flatmate Naomi to a Hotel Chocolat Chocolate Party which was organised by her church group (that sentence is almost as big a mouthful as the one I had of chocolate!) For just £5 a ticket we got a free non alcoholic drink from the bar, lots of amazing tasters, a chocolate tempering demonstration and a chance to do it ourselves!

The vibe in the venue was amazing and it screamed a New York style bar with the way the interior was designed. As soon as we walked in we all couldn't stop saying how awesome it was and that we definitely needed to go again!





Pro.


 I had a Virgin Raspberry Bellini which tasted amazing! It was really sweet and refreshing, it did take me a while to decide between getting this or a hot chocolate but I'm glad I went for this as it "refreshed my palette" haha! Which is what I needed after eating so much chocolate...

Zara had a Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate which I wasn't too sure on at first because I had one from Starbucks and absolutely hated it! This was a lot nicer than the one I tried there though. It was really rich and creamy, a little bit sickly but that's because there was so much chocolate going round.

Naomi had the Hazelnut Hot Chocolate which was one of my choices and it was a m a z i n g. No joke the best hot chocolate I've ever tried in my life. It was very smooth and milky and left the hazelnut taste in your mouth after, we just couldn't get enough of it!

We then went over to the chocolate lab and had a go at tempering the chocolate. I think we did quite well, Naomi was by far the best and I was the cleanest apparently! The guy that was doing the demonstrations was so friendly, as were all the waiters and bar staff, which made the atmosphere nice and everyone was having a good time.

I'd definitely reccommend going here again to people and I'm hoping we make another cheeky stop in soon!

I hope you enjoyed reading something a bit different from fashion on my blog, let me know what you think!


Also *announcement* last week I reached over 10,000 views on my blog, which to me is quite an achievement considering how much I actually want to blog and the lack of time I have to do it. It's really inspired me to blog more and I'll be holding a small giveaway soon in relation to this so keep your eyes peeled!


Thanks babes!







No comments:

Post a Comment