Tuesday 8 April 2014

Monthly Favourites - March ♡



Hey Guys!

Today I filmed my first ever (hopefully not the last) monthly favourites video on youtube! I've been trying to get back into videos recently but I thought I'd also post it on my blog, with a bit more detail and less camera-awkwardness!



1. Great Lash Mascara - I absolutely love this mascara but I'm almost out which makes me sad, however it shows how much I actually use it! It goes on really well and doesn't clump, feels really light when I'm wearing it and doesn't make my eyes water/itch like a few mascaras that I've used before.

2. Collection Fast Stroke Liquid Eyeliner - This is my favourite liquid eyeliner of all time. I've tried quite a few and since I bought this I haven't used any other! It goes on really well and it doesn't need more than one coat unlike some that I have tried in the past. Again like the mascara it never makes my eyes water/itch and it has a really nice strong brush which helps to get a smooth line.

3. Good Things Facial Mask - This is one of my favourite face products because I have really sensitive skin and products like this can usually make me break out, however I have used this a few times before and it has never made me do that. It leaves the skin feeling really soft and clean after just using it for 5 minutes. Sometimes I have really bad skin and this just clears it right up!

4. MUA Eyeshadow Palette in Glitter Ball - There is a certain shade in this palette that I have been using for my everyday make up routine (It's the one that I've hit pan on, sad times) I've swatched this in  a photo below so you can see what it looks like as it didn't show up in my video due to lighting. I really like these palettes, I mentioned in my video that I have only recently started getting into experimenting with make up and MUA is quickly becoming my favourite. It's easy to apply and the shades are super pigmented for the price!
The first swatch is applied lightly which is what I use for my everyday wear, the second swatch is where I have applied it heavier which is what I use for my night look.


1. Tresemme Heat Defence Styling Spray - I have tried a lot of heat defence sprays in the past because due to the dying all my hair has had to put up with, I definitely need to keep it in the best condition I can! I have found with some sprays that after I have dried it they make my hair feel straw like and very dry, hoever this has the opposite effect and leaves my hair feeling really soft and healthy which is a nice treat for it!

2. Tresemme 24 Hour Body - I have the same problem with these kind of sprays sometimes as they leave my hair feeling not so fresh! However this one also leaves my hair feeling extremely soft. I use this at the roots of my hair and dry my hair upside down, I have used this for uni, nights out and work and it has kept true to the description and has kept my hair feeling big and light all day!

3.  Ion Colour Solutions Colour Flash Hair Dye in Ultra Indigo - I have tried quite a lot of hair dyes in the past trying to get the perfect mix for my hair and I find that this one is one of my favourites, next to La Riche Directions Dye. It is a liquid dye which makes it easier to mix with the conditioner as it is easy to control the amount you put in. I mix my hair with conditioner to get a pastel colour which works out cheaper than buying pastel dyes, however this means that if I don't keep on top of it the colour washes out quite quickly. Even though this happens, this dye seems to stay a bit longer than some dyes that I have used which usually last 2 or 3 washes if I'm lucky. 

4. Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Repair Shampoo and Conditioner - This product also leaves my hair feeling really healthy after use which, due to the condition of my hair, I don't usually find with the cheaper products. This was only £1 per bottle from my local pound shop and I definitely reccommend it to anyone who has dyed hair.


 1. 14mm Floral Plugs - When I received these plugs in the post I was amazed at the quality of them because the price was so cheap! I was expecting the picture on the front of them to be not as good quality as it was shown or that there would be a defect with the screw in the back but I haven't found a fault so far and I've been wearing them almost everyday since I bought them! They do make my ears feel heavier when I wear them but that is because of what they are made out of. I have had to take them out because I recently stretched my ears bigger after they shrunk and I put these in too early, but I can't wait to wear them again! Here is the link to the shop where I bought them.

2. NYX HD Photogenic Concealer in CWO1 Porcelain - If you're pale skinned like me then you'll understand the struggle to find the right shade of concealer/foundation without everything looking too orange/dark! Luckily I found this after watching one of my favourite youtubers Sarah Hawkinson. It goes on really well and you really don't need a lot. I use this under my eyes to brighten them and also on my chin if I'm having a bad skin day. I have the same problem with make up as I do with skincare products, they can sometimes make me break out if I use the wrong kind, luckily this one doesn't! 

3. Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Varnish in 210 Mintilicious - I really love Rimmel's range of 60 seconds varnish and I have quite a few of them in my collection. I've been using the same shade (320 Rapid Ruby) for the past few winter months as it is a deep red colour and literally goes with anything. I've been inspired recently by all the clothes stores releasing their spring pastels collection and decided it was time to change my staple shade! I fell for this shade as soon as I saw it as I used to have it/one similar a while ago and forgot about it. Plus it was only £0.99!?!? No way could I pass it up. Pictured below is what it looks like on my nails after a few coats.
(By a few coats I mean i've wore it to work, done delivery and chipped most of it off then painted over it, oops. This is why I usually blog fashion and not beauty!)


Last but definitely not least as these are my two favourites from the whole post!


1. Kidswear Skeleton Jumper - I'm totally in love with this jumper and I can see myself wearing it as much as I can until it becomes too warm to wear it anymore! (Then I'll bury it and wear it everyday in winter) This is from Kidswear in H&M and is 14+. I recently discovered that there are a lot of kidswear graphic tshirts that I would totally wear if they were in the ladies section and are actually around half the price, then I thought.....the biggest size would fit me...so why not? and I bought it! It was only £4 and with my staff discount that made it £3 so I definitely had to take it. It has a fleecy lining and is suuuper comfy and surprisingly baggy on me!

2. DIY Crystal Pendant Choker (Pictured clearer below) - I made this cute little choker myself and haven't actually taken it off since I did! I used an old fabric necklace from an old primark necklace which I no longer wear and ordered the charm from ebay for surpisingly cheap. I know it isn't real rose quartz but I like the look of it and for the price I can't really complain. Here is the link to the store where I got it from. They also sell a lot of other colours in this and I'm hoping to get a few more as I think, although they are small, they add a nice little touch to any outfit and are perfect for stacking/layering.

 

Thanks for reading this super long post and I appreciate it if you made it to the end!

Leave in the comments if you have tried any of these before and what you think of them, also any favourites of yours at the minute that you think I should try!

 


4 comments:

  1. Ooh those floral plugs are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I love them so much <3 my ear isn't doing so well at the moment though and is a bit sore so I can't wear them :(

      Delete
  2. omg I adored this post and your blog! Your style is admirable & that skeleton top omg I want! haha xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah wow thanks lovely! Yeah I thought that as soon as I saw it! :) x

    ReplyDelete