Thursday 3 April 2014

How I would style it: Pastel Cut Outs ♡

Hey Guys!

Thanks for stumbling upon my blog again! 
I've noticed recently that ALL my posts are OOTD posts, I used to complain that I never had any outfit posts and now it's all I seem to do? It's probably because I've been extremely busy with uni and work recently and they are the quickest posts to do. I've got a few posts lined up for example a haul, the long awaited tattoo post, reviews and also how I managed to get £60+ worth of make up for only £8!

I thought that today I'd do something that I absolutely l o v e doing but haven't in a while, my old addiction Polyvore!
I received the Missguided newsletter and couldn't resist a cheeky look, that's when I fell in love with a pair of shoes on there!

 
Please note this background image is from the Missguided email and I love it! I hope they don't mind me using it, it's simply to show off the shoes! xo

 I thought instead of just posting word-drool about how much I love them, I would show you how I would style them (and will when I eventually get my hands on them next month).
  For me, polyvore is the best website to do things like this as it is really easy to use and there's a lot of awesome features on there such as the backgrounds, layouts, cute little arrows to highlight posts. So here's two different looks I created to go with these shoes.

 The first look that I created (above) is more of a casual day look for if I was working or going to uni. It is a little dressier than something that I would usually wear on a casual day but I just love the thought of it all going together! There's a few staple pieces on here which I already have/have similar that I pretty much wear with any outfit I can get away with such as the chain and glasses. I love adding chains to shirts so I decided to pick the gold one to match the buckle on the shoes and the lilac glasses to go with the pastel trend this season.

My favourite items on here are the cropped shirt and the beanie. If you know me then you'll know that it's a rare occasion when I don't wear beanie hats! I'm currently waiting for my hair to grow and I have a bad habit of just throwing my extensions in and putting a beanie on, because then it's less obvious I'm having a bad hair day, right? ;)
 I've also got more confident recently in terms of wearing the right things for my shape. I used to hate anything cropped because I'm not the biggest fan of my shape, until I discovered the power of high waisted bottoms! Hence the high waisted mum jeans put with the crop shirt in this look.

I would finish this look with my favourite e v e r lipstick, Macaroon by Topshop.


 The next look is dressier and I would personally wear this to an event or on a night out. I also fell in love with this dress when I saw it on the website and I just h a v e to buy it! These types of dresses are extremely flattering and are quickly becoming my favourite style. I added the harness to this look because I think rather than jewellery, this would give an edgier feel to the outfit. 

I topped it off with a few simple touches such as gold rings to match the buckle on the shoe, a bowler hat and some knee high socks.

I've also added some hairspiration for this look too! Personally this is my favourite look and I would definitely wear it until people got sick of it!


LINKS:
First look
1,2,3,4,5,6,7

Second look 
1,2,3,4,5

I hope you liked this post and please give any feedback it's much appreciated!
Thanks








1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm in love :O I absolutely love those boots! I want them, I want them :( Great post! I love the way you styled them :) I like your blog, I'm a new follower!
    http://myobsessionsdiary.blogspot.com.ar/2014/04/lady-in-black.html

    ReplyDelete