Wednesday 12 March 2014

DIY Dreadlock Extensions! ♡


Hey guys! ♡
  I thought I'd make another quick post about something I'm doing at the moment which I think is pretty cool! Because my hair is so thin, I can't wear all my extensions because it does look a bit ridiculous. 

Rather than throwing them away, I decided to cut them up into smaller sections and put dreadlocks in them! I've always loved the thought of having dreadlocks but I would never do it because I know how bored I get of my hair...also I'm a commitment-phobe and they are definitely a big commitment!
I know I have a lot of tattoos and they are also a huge commitment, but I know I will always like them, also I know if I had dreads I'd get bored of them at some point and my hair is already not in the best state at the moment!

I used a few youtube tutorials to help me do this and although mine aren't the best they still look good. I'm hoping to do a tutorial on this at somepoint when I get a bit more practice, I'm thinking of adding a few baby pink ones in so maybe I'll do it then!

The youtube video I used the most was by Hannah Walpole which was this one.
Personally I think that her style is awesome and she is one of the people that inspires me to push on and try to make videos and get over my anxiety to the point where I can. So when I found out she had dreads I was so excited to see how!

Here's a photo of my dreads so far! There is one on each side but my hair is covering the other one


Thanks for reading lovelies!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment